Thread: Bowhunting during gun season?

Nimrod Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Weber27's Avatar

Bowhunting during gun season?

If your in an area that is bow only can you bow hunt during the gun season?

I am in St Clair County.
    Excuses are the nails that hold together the house of failure. No excuses just results.

Sacred White Buffalo Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Debunk's Avatar
    I know of a public land in Southern Illinois that allows bowhunting during firearm season but it does require bowhunters to also wear Blaze orange. This public land does not allow firearm hunting on it.

IDNR Hunting Digest

Blaze Orange Clothing Requirements On those Department-owned or -managed sites that allow archery deer hunting during the gun deer season, archers must comply with the same blaze orange requirements as the gun deer hunters. During the muzzleloader-only deer season and the youth deer hunting season, archery deer hunters must comply with the requirements to wear blaze orange in counties open to muzzleloading deer hunting and youth hunting. NOTE: Camouflage blaze orangematerial does notmeet the requirement.
    Last edited by Debunk; 11-21-2008 at 18:58.
    “Give a man a fish and he has food for a day; teach him how to fish and you can get rid of him for the entire weekend.” –Zenna Schaffer

Nimrod Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting general3380's Avatar
    To my knowledge all bowhunting is shut down during gun season...in fact all hunting seasons are closed period during gun seasons...kind of sucks for those of us that would rather bow hunt :/

Nimrod Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Weber27's Avatar
    Yea thats what Im saying cause they are all gun hunting around the area I hunt but nobody can shot gun on the land I hunt so Im sure its the deer are flocking lol. And plus bow is just a lot more fun.
    Excuses are the nails that hold together the house of failure. No excuses just results.

Sacred White Buffalo Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Debunk's Avatar
    There is a good possibility that you can bow hunt on the Department Owned/Managed site if it is bow only but you need to call or drive up there to make sure. Above you can see the restriction if you are allowed.

Good luck.
    “Give a man a fish and he has food for a day; teach him how to fish and you can get rid of him for the entire weekend.” –Zenna Schaffer

Official SILO Sponsor lifestudent55's Avatar
    All I could find was that you're not allowed to have any firearm that is not legal for taking deer with you during firearm season, and that you have to wear blaze orange even if bow hunting. The digest isn't real clear on allowing bows during gun season. I'd take Debunk's advice and ask where you're going to be hunting.
    "I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...and not, when I came to die, to discover that I had not lived."
    H. D. Thoreau
    Walden

------

James Lindley's shop
    Inner Health, Outer Beauty