Thread: Boat in Kid Rock video

Sacred White Buffalo Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket SWAMPMAN's Avatar

Boat in Kid Rock video

Can anyone ID what brand of boat in the "ALL SUMMER LONG" video? It's a classic wood boat! I told a friend it looks like a Chris Craft.
    Any thoughts?

it is a beautiful boat, it is a Grand-Craft Chris Craft it is a reproduction boat made in 2003 in Holland Michigan (Kid's) home state. I love those classic Mahogany boats, the wood is great looking and feels warm, unlike fiberglass...
    "I hunt deer because I love the entire process; the preparation, the excitement, and sustained suspense of trying to match my woods-lore against the finely honed instincts of these creatures." Fred Bear

Sacred White Buffalo Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket SWAMPMAN's Avatar
    Well I was half right..LOL. I worked for a gentlemen in my high school days that kept a 45 ft yacht at Portage De Sioux. His friend had a Chris Craft 40ft yacht that was all wood. Absolutely beautiful! The wood work on that video looked similar. Thanks for your input InIt!
    PS. I have been to Holland, Michigan delivering to the DQ on the shores of Lake Michigan. Very very nice area.
    Last edited by SWAMPMAN; 09-28-2008 at 07:20.

Mountain Man Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting echostar61's Avatar
    Does anybody else recognize the music to that song ? listen to this , same music http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvLmP...eature=related

echo
    Hitch your wagon to a star ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

That youtube video is a bite off of another flick. The actual background music is a combination of Warren Zevon's "Werewolves Of London" and Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Sweet Home Alabama" according to the info I have found on it.

Swampman- I grew up on the Delta of the Sacramento River in CA and got to see the exact kind of boats you are talking about. All wood, beautiful machines! I have always had a liking for wood boats, but boy are they pricey!
    "I hunt deer because I love the entire process; the preparation, the excitement, and sustained suspense of trying to match my woods-lore against the finely honed instincts of these creatures." Fred Bear

Nimrod Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Gazza's Avatar
    It is actually Rock's boat. They had it trucked in for the video.
    "I'm not lost. I'm field checking"

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    It is actually Rock's boat. They had it trucked in for the video.
    Just curious as to where ya saw/heard that? I can't find anything that says he owns it... I could deffinately see it being true tho, it is named Cowboy! (even tho he started out his career as a rapper...)

Nimrod Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Gazza's Avatar
    Behind the scenes footage of the making of the video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7KXEvyult8

Has some details about the boat - 2003 Grandcraft? made specially for Kid Rock.

You can tell this is an outdoors oriented board because nobody has brought up the dozen or so other items nice to look at in the video.

Back to the boat - Boy that boat can move smooth.
    Last edited by Gazza; 09-30-2008 at 22:06.
    "I'm not lost. I'm field checking"

Cool video, and info, thanks!

As for the other eye candy, you can go to a lake any summer day and see that, but you probably won't see any nice boats like that out there! It is a good thing those girls don't get paid for there brains... did you hear the hostess' "a few or 2 times" ?