Thread: 2014 First Morel Mushroom Sighting!

Exclamation 2014 First Morel Mushroom Sighting!

And it begins again. I will now make my annual morel prediction and i will do so without any mathematics or study. Yes, I will foretell the almost exact date you can expect to find your first morels in Southern Illinois in 2014. In my minds eye I think, I can, almost see a date, let's see, Yes, there it is, I have it now!... The very first Morel Mushrooms will begin to appear here in Silo to the trained eye on or about the date of 3-28th or 29th 2014. These will be mostly small greys. It is slightly possible that a few Black Morels will be just peeking out from the forest litter by 24th of March this year...

http://morelmushroomhunting.com/more...htings_map.htm

Guide Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting heavy5256's Avatar
    When I read the thread title I thought you were going to say you had one!!!!! I thought to myself that someone spreading the bull. Then I read the post. Good eye catching title. We are about 30 day behind you. I hope you are right.
    Treat the earth well, it is not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children, we do not inherit it from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children. ( ancient Indian belief )

Guide Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting mikejulie's Avatar
    With the weather forecast I would have to say it will be at least the end of the first week in April. I would love to be wrong.

Guide Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Craig's Taxidermy's Avatar
    Somebody is finding them somewhere they have them in the local iga already
    Harley Craig
    It's been a good run, but do to my day job and personal reasons, I have shut down the taxidermy studio thank you to all who have supported me in the past.

Sacred White Buffalo Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket ridn4free's Avatar
    Missouri mushrooms (a grower)grows them locally, not sure where. so you are getting them that way through produce row

Jed, fetch a preacher, he has done touched my untouchables

I didn't realize they finally figured out how to grow them commercially, I have a friend who owns Earth Angel Mushrooms in St. Louis and figured if morrells could be produced commercially that he would be doing it.
    Harley Craig
    It's been a good run, but do to my day job and personal reasons, I have shut down the taxidermy studio thank you to all who have supported me in the past.

Guide Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting mikejulie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFoot View Post
    And it begins again. I will now make my annual morel prediction and i will do so without any mathematics or study. Yes, I will foretell the almost exact date you can expect to find your first morels in Southern Illinois in 2014. In my minds eye I think, I can, almost see a date, let's see, Yes, there it is, I have it now!... The very first Morel Mushrooms will begin to appear here in Silo to the trained eye on or about the date of 3-28th or 29th 2014. These will be mostly small greys. It is slightly possible that a few Black Morels will be just peeking out from the forest litter by 24th of March this year...

http://morelmushroomhunting.com/more...htings_map.htm
    Not to be a smarty pants but don't think mother nature is going to cooperate with your prediction. Forecast looks pretty chilly next week.

that's why I just picked a date without even thinking about it. its just slightly possible that there will be a few blacks peeking through the forest litter by these dates. I also wanted second season for turkey hunting this year cause I could hunt mushrooms after a morning of turkey hunting...

I talked to my friend who owns earth angel mushrooms in St Louis and asked him when he was going to start growing morels, and he replied when someone invents a way to produce them commercially. Apparently their are kits to grow as a hobby, but they are so un-predictive that according to him he doesn't know anybody in the business who seriously grows them. I also found out the ones in our store came from California.
    Harley Craig