Thread: Duck Dynasty a big hit!

Sacred White Buffalo Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket SWAMPMAN's Avatar

Duck Dynasty a big hit!

Ratings for the A & E show Duck Dynasty was a leader in it's time slot. The folks in the concrete jungle, called New York took notice and wrote a article on the gang in the New York Times (slimes!).
    Imagine that fly over country gets some attention.

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.co...is-tops-on-tv/
    God made it first, it's up to us to make it last.

A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

Banned Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
    I can't watch it anymore... The willing suspension of disbelief that viewing the show requires is just too great a gulf for my phsychy to span.... Another way of saying the writing for the show started getting pretty howkie... It was good while it lasted though.

Si still makes me laugh from time to time with his "vocabulary"

Sacred White Buffalo Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket SWAMPMAN's Avatar
    One thing I like about the show is at the end of each show they all sit down as family and friends to dinner and say grace before they dig in. That's the America I grew up in and will always cherish.

A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

Official SILO Sponsor lifestudent55's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian B. View Post
    I can't watch it anymore... The willing suspension of disbelief that viewing the show requires is just too great a gulf for my phsychy to span.... Another way of saying the writing for the show started getting pretty howkie... It was good while it lasted though.

Si still makes me laugh from time to time with his "vocabulary"
    I haven't watched it because I'm afraid I'll see people I know from here on it.
    "I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...and not, when I came to die, to discover that I had not lived."
    H. D. Thoreau
    Walden

------

James Lindley's shop
    Inner Health, Outer Beauty

Nimrod Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting stubby's Avatar
    I remember seeing the commercials a while back and thinking that this had to be the dumbest idea ever for a tv show. Then a couple of weeks ago there was nothing on TV except a "Duck Dynasty" marathon. I couldn't stop watching. This may be the greatest show ever on TV. Brian is right, it keeps getting less and less believable, but I don't care - I can't get enough. Phil has become my new hero. Swamp - if you poke around on youtube a little bit you can find some clips of Phil preaching. He preaches a pretty good sermon.

Nimrod Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting mohuntress's Avatar
    We love the show. Is it all "reality"...no, is some of it staged...yes. But, it's better than most of the crap on tv these days.
    "The harvest itself is a small percentage of the overall outdoor experience."

Banned Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
    Hands down- the funniest thing I ever saw on the show was Pops boat riding with Mrs.Kay or whatever the grandma's name is... She's talking- he's (acting, pretend..) Totally ignoring her and every now again he just says.. "Uh huh, yep.." CLASSIC- I fall out every time I see that re-run.

Quote Originally Posted by stubby View Post
    I remember seeing the commercials a while back and thinking that this had to be the dumbest idea ever for a tv show. Then a couple of weeks ago there was nothing on TV except a "Duck Dynasty" marathon. I couldn't stop watching. This may be the greatest show ever on TV. Brian is right, it keeps getting less and less believable, but I don't care - I can't get enough. Phil has become my new hero. Swamp - if you poke around on youtube a little bit you can find some clips of Phil preaching. He preaches a pretty good sermon.

I would like to hear a sermon from him. I bet it would be funny yet inspiring!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B. View Post
    Hands down- the funniest thing I ever saw on the show was Pops boat riding with Mrs.Kay or whatever the grandma's name is... She's talking- he's (acting, pretend..) Totally ignoring her and every now again he just says.. "Uh huh, yep.." CLASSIC- I fall out every time I see that re-run.
    My wife comments on that show also. In other words she sympathies with Ms Kay! It's the secret to a long marriage gals........come on.

season 2 is noticably more scripted and controlled than the first season but still pretty entertaining. way better than 97% of the other stuff on tv