Thread: March - What the heck?

Sacred White Buffalo Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Debunk's Avatar

March - What the heck?

Now as I go through my March trail cam photos all the bucks have round spots were there antlers used to be.

Now this photo was taken this on 3-31-12.

“Give a man a fish and he has food for a day; teach him how to fish and you can get rid of him for the entire weekend.” –Zenna Schaffer

It's a quadracorn. What else could it be?

Sacred White Buffalo Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket lofjas's Avatar
    Could be a female.
    Can't you get a picture of the underneath side?? LOL

Mountain Man Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    My guess is it is either a female or it does not have testicles (hypogonadism or cryptochidism). Testosterone is what causes the antlers to harden and eventually fall off. In this case there looks to be no testosterone surge in the fall causing the antlers to harden and then fall off as the testosterone levels decrease.

Guide Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Craig's Taxidermy's Avatar
    Yip " cactus buck" everything about that deers features screams female. Mainly the eyes. Females typically don't have the heavy superaorbital ridges and wider zygomatic arches like that of the males. They also typically have longer eyelashes. This deer has long lashes, narrow zygomatic arch and the superaorbital ridges are pretty much non existant.
    Harley Craig
    It's been a good run, but do to my day job and personal reasons, I have shut down the taxidermy studio thank you to all who have supported me in the past.

Sacred White Buffalo Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Debunk's Avatar
    Do you all think I need 2 cameras opposing each other.
    That way next time I get a photo of the deers face there will also be a photo of its South Face?
    “Give a man a fish and he has food for a day; teach him how to fish and you can get rid of him for the entire weekend.” –Zenna Schaffer

Addict Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting nailbender1979's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Debunk View Post
    Do you all think I need 2 cameras opposing each other.
    That way next time I get a photo of the deers face there will also be a photo of its South Face?
    Yeah kinda. Or maybe lay one on the ground.
    "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately."

Sacred White Buffalo Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket lofjas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nailbender1979 View Post
    Yeah kinda. Or maybe lay one on the ground.
    Yep I agree.

I'd bet doe too.
    Go outside!
    http://www.siloutdoors.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1&dateline=1225123544

“This is my story,’’ he said. “I tell you: Know who God is. That is the first thing. Then you learn how to treat people. Because God is love. Then you won’t go around mistreating people.’’

Homer Williams (A 100 year old squirrel hunter and lifetime outdoorsman.)