Thread: Fishing report (kind of) Mushrooms.

Fishing report (kind of) Mushrooms.

Crappie fishing slowed somewhat in the last 2 days due to weather conditions I suppose. Yesterday evening I managed to catch 2 15 inch crappie in about a hr. And several little ones. Today the barometer is pretty high which should put the fish as close to cover as they can get making them much harder to catch. I have opted to go morel hunting instead but from what I've seem around here pickings seem pretty slim right now so I'm jumping in the car and heading north to where people are finding alot of morels. BigFoot goes North!!!...(

Sacred White Buffalo Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket lofjas's Avatar
    Hope you found a load.

Quote Originally Posted by lofjas View Post
    Hope you found a load.
    Well, I didn't even see one morel. We ended up up on the northern end of Carlye Lake on the Kaskaskia river. Walked alot but didn't see any morels, I did find a couple of those Pig Ear mushrooms though. First time I ever really saw one. Swung by the Carlye spillway on the way back, looked like it was just right for fishing. Didn't even have a rod with me.

NOOB Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    Yeah.....I was flathead fishing Saturday night behind the dam..I agree, it looked good but didn't have any luck. They were catching a few nice whites and a few sauger though!!