Thread: Hey guys and gals new here!!

Banned Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Hey guys and gals new here!!

Hi ya'll

My name is Brad Prejean I am from Louisiana and moving to edwardsville Illinois in Madison county at the end of April to go back to college! I am a huge bow hunter and actually work as a bow tech in a pro shop here at home! I am very nervous about moving up there because I don't know any of the laws and rules in Illinois! Are there any public land places to hunt around edwardsville that you can get over the counter tags far or is everything a lottery in this state? Thanks ahead of time for any info if this site is anything like our hunting site Bayoubucks.com I'm sure I'll meet some great ppl through this site!

Oh I also have a Texas blue lacy blood tracking dog that is pretty good this was his first year and we found 18 deer out of 24 calls we went on this year So I was wondering are blood tracking dogs legal to use in Illinois or recovery of lost deer?
    Last edited by Cajun_huntin; 04-07-2012 at 08:13.

Hi Brad hope you love it here on SILO. I am not near Edwards county so I can't answer your questions about places to hunt but I do know of other people who use dogs to track lost deer. There is a section on here where you can ask the CPO, Conserveration Police Officer questions, he does not have time to get here often but now would be a good time to post any questions you have for him.

Quote Originally Posted by buckkillaz2010 View Post
    Welcome aboard!! I was born and raised in e-ville before the town blew up!! Not literally but figuratively... there's only one place to hunt without having to have a permit that you have to apply for and its a satelite of Horseshoe State Park. Lookk up chouteau island its hunted pretty hard but there's some big boys running around. And about the deer tracking dog if your going to be on public land then it has to be done outside deer hunting hours so after dark is legal.
    Thank you do much much!! Most of my tracking here is done at dark too!! I see you have a beagle as an avatar I raised beagles for 10 plus years finished 13 feld champions and I am an akc certified judge!

One of my last field champions i finished!
    Last edited by Cajun_huntin; 04-07-2012 at 10:45.

This is my Texas Blue Lacy dog named TRACKER

my pup

him fishing

First Deer

first buck

he even found a coyote i shot this year that went around 70 yrds
    Last edited by Cajun_huntin; 04-07-2012 at 09:48.

Official SILO Sponsor lifestudent55's Avatar
    I see you hunt with a recurve. Sweet! I have an old recurve (lots older than you are) that I use for bowfishing, If you don't mind driving a bit, there are a lot of other public places to hunt here in Illinois. Not as many as in Louisiana probably. Here's a link for the hunting guide with all the licenses and seasons. As HarryD pointed out, there's also a forum on here for asking our resident CPO questions if this booklet doesn't answer them.

http://www.dnr.illinois.gov/hunting/Pages/default.aspx

http://www.dnr.illinois.gov/hunting/...TrapDigest.pdf
    "I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...and not, when I came to die, to discover that I had not lived."
    H. D. Thoreau
    Walden

------

James Lindley's shop
    Inner Health, Outer Beauty

Quote Originally Posted by lifestudent55 View Post
    I see you hunt with a recurve. Sweet! I have an old recurve (lots older than you are) that I use for bowfishing, If you don't mind driving a bit, there are a lot of other public places to hunt here in Illinois. Not as many as in Louisiana probably. Here's a link for the hunting guide with all the licenses and seasons. As HarryD pointed out, there's also a forum on here for asking our resident CPO questions if this booklet doesn't answer them.

http://www.dnr.illinois.gov/hunting/Pages/default.aspx

http://www.dnr.illinois.gov/hunting/...TrapDigest.pdf
    Thank you so much I know exactly where fairview heights is might have to meet you once i'm up there! Now i how are the licenses for those public land places is it something i have to apply far or is it over the counter here in louisiana EVERYTHING is over the counter we don't have many lotteries expect for turkey hunting!

and I hunt with both recurve and compound i just like recurve because its more fun to shoot! It got very boring shooting my compound when i could shoot 3 in groups at 80 yards then this year started shooting it out to 100 yards just for some type of difficulty!

Official SILO Sponsor lifestudent55's Avatar
    Archery tags are over the counter. You can get everything but deer and turkey tags online or over the counter. Deer and fall turkey Archery tags are over the counter.
    "I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...and not, when I came to die, to discover that I had not lived."
    H. D. Thoreau
    Walden

------

James Lindley's shop
    Inner Health, Outer Beauty

Sacred White Buffalo Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket lofjas's Avatar
    Hello welcome to SILO.

Addict Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting carpsniper's Avatar
    Welcome Cajun! Hope you like it here.

And hope you can put up with IL.
    Illinoisbowfishers.com

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to end...but learning to Bowfish in the rain." Uncle Dave Randolph

Proud member of the Redneck Yacht Club

Welcome to SILO Brad .