Thread: Algae Farming

Sacred White Buffalo Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Debunk's Avatar

Algae Farming

You heard it lately that there is no "Silver Bullet" and that Algae for Fuel is the way to go.

We all know how the solar energy market is going.

Over $100 Million has been invested in Sapphire Energy to produce Algae Fuel.

http://www.technologyreview.com/energy/40073/page1/

Now, how efficient would this be? Lets see.

According to one of the studies, it would cost about $9.84 per gallon to make algae diesel, as opposed to $2.60 per gallon for petro-diesel, at January 2011 costs. Other studies have estimated even higher costs.
    “Give a man a fish and he has food for a day; teach him how to fish and you can get rid of him for the entire weekend.” –Zenna Schaffer

Guide Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Craig's Taxidermy's Avatar
    we should just go back to steam engines LOL
    Harley Craig
    It's been a good run, but do to my day job and personal reasons, I have shut down the taxidermy studio thank you to all who have supported me in the past.

Sacred White Buffalo Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket SWAMPMAN's Avatar
    With all the coal in this country I'm surprised their hasn't been a push to convert coal into both gas and diesel. It has been done and is being done on a small scale.
    OH, it's a fossil fuel can't do that.
    God made it first, it's up to us to make it last.

A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.