Thread: I found out what knocked out power in our neighborhood Wednesday evening.

Official SILO Sponsor lifestudent55's Avatar

I found out what knocked out power in our neighborhood Wednesday evening.

I went to get the mower out of the shed this morning, and I can just barely see it. I certainly can't get to it. And yes, the chain saw is in there too.

Remember that shed I posted pictures of me building? Well I think I'm going to need a new one. What do you think?

It doesn't look too good from back here either.

This is looking from our neighbor's yard. The tree hit those lines on its way down.

This is probably what caused the bright flash my wife saw right as the power went out.
    "I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...and not, when I came to die, to discover that I had not lived."
    H. D. Thoreau
    Walden

------

James Lindley's shop
    Inner Health, Outer Beauty

Guide Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting nuthouse's Avatar
    Much further north, call me Cheesehead, any more east, feet be wet.
    Better the shed than the house. And on the plus side, you have experience building sheds.
    Any man who may be asked in this century, what he did to make his life Worthwhile, can respond with a good deal of Pride and Satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy". President John F. Kennedy

Yeah, but I'm hoping they'll pay for one built instead of my having to build another one. One of my crew (my stepson) moved to Indiana.
    "I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...and not, when I came to die, to discover that I had not lived."
    H. D. Thoreau
    Walden

------

James Lindley's shop

Guide Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting uncle matt's Avatar
    Look at the bright side. You have plenty of lumber for the new shed....if you have a sawmill.

The tree is slowly being cut up. It's not any good for lumber, but there are parts of it that'll be perfect for the smoker or fireplace after curing. At least this time I won't have to build the shed. Our insurance company is going to pay for Lowes to send folks out to build it.
    H. D. Thoreau
    Walden

------

James Lindley's shop