Thread: Scheel's VIP opening

Sacred White Buffalo Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket mdoc's Avatar

Scheel's VIP opening

Got to attend the VIP opening tonight for the new Scheel's store in Springfield. Met up with Jeff Lampe from Heartland Outdoors this afternoon and took a tour of the local deer herd and headed over to the new Sheels store. This place is pretty cool but will be way to crowded for the next couple of months to even attempt to get close to. One of my best friends is the manager of the reloading shop. They have an awesome gun shop. Here's a few shots from tonight...

IMG_2478 by mordacq, on Flickr

IMG_2499 by mordacq, on Flickr

IMG_2520 by mordacq, on Flickr

IMG_2531 by mordacq, on Flickr

IMG_2540 by mordacq, on Flickr

IMG_2534 by mordacq, on Flickr

IMG_2546 by mordacq, on Flickr
    Last edited by mdoc; 06-24-2011 at 22:52.
    It is light that reveals, light that obscures, light that communicates. It is light I "listen"
    to. The light late in the day has a distinct quality, as it fades toward the darkness of
    evening. After sunset there is a gentle leaving of the light, the air begins to still, and a
    quiet descends. I see magic in the quiet light of dusk. I feel quiet, yet intense energy in
    the natural elements of our habitat. A sense of magic prevails. A sense of mystery. It is
    a time for contemplation, for listening - a time for making photographs.
    -John Sexton

Guide Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting heavy5256's Avatar
    never been in one. looks pretty nice.
    Treat the earth well, it is not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children, we do not inherit it from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children. ( ancient Indian belief )

Where's it located at, in Springfield ?
    I'll have to stop by next time I'm in the area.

Sacred White Buffalo Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket mdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flatlander View Post
    Where's it located at, in Springfield ?
    I'll have to stop by next time I'm in the area.
    Just North of Interstate 72 at the Mcarthur Blvd exit, SW side of town. LOL just down the street from Gander Mountain.
    It is light that reveals, light that obscures, light that communicates. It is light I "listen"
    to. The light late in the day has a distinct quality, as it fades toward the darkness of
    evening. After sunset there is a gentle leaving of the light, the air begins to still, and a
    quiet descends. I see magic in the quiet light of dusk. I feel quiet, yet intense energy in
    the natural elements of our habitat. A sense of magic prevails. A sense of mystery. It is
    -John Sexton

Quote Originally Posted by mdoc View Post
    Just North of Interstate 72 at the Mcarthur Blvd exit, SW side of town. LOL just down the street from Gander Mountain.
    Last time I was in Springfield they didn't have a GM either. lol

Whats up with the ferris wheel? Is that in the scheels store, or part of a mall area?

Top Poster Charter Member gretchensteele's Avatar
    Jim were you able to also hook up with Women of the Wild Outdoors Team? Thanks for giving us such a great tour.. now I have one more reason to come visit you

“If meetings could kill invasive species, they’d all be dead by now!”
    – unknown government biologist

Steele Photo Services

Walkin With the Wild Woman

Pink Whistle Society

Quote Originally Posted by icgeese61 View Post
    Whats up with the ferris wheel? Is that in the scheels store, or part of a mall area?
    That's inside the Scheels store. It is a free standing building.

Quote Originally Posted by gretchensteele View Post
    Jim were you able to also hook up with Women of the Wild Outdoors Team? Thanks for giving us such a great tour.. now I have one more reason to come visit you
    They must have gotten there after me. I noticed the big RV when I was leaving. Would have loved to have introduced myself and visited for a while. Plus it was WAY packed you could hardly move around. I may go back tomorrow during the day for a better look. G your welcome anytime, would love to get you up here during the rut for a couple of days of shooting big bucks.
    -John Sexton