Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Muddy River Shooting Preserve

Sacred White Buffalo Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Birdhunter1's Avatar
    South of Murphysboro in a place called Birdville!

Muddy River Shooting Preserve

is now a proud sponsor of SILO.

We offer a great atmosphere to hunt upland game including quail, chukar, and pheasant. All of our hunting area is natural habitat located along the Big Muddy River and the Mississippi River in Wolf Lake, IL. Our walking lanes are mowed low to the ground and free of obstacles, there are tree and fence lines in some areas and water in others, best of all all of our ground is very flat and easy walking.

What kind of place would a hunting place be if we didn't allow you to bring your own dog? We strongly encourage you to bring your own dog because bonding between a man and his dog is some top quality time that's hard to beat. If you do not have a dog and would still like to hunt we do offer guided hunts at $10/hour for the dogs and the guides work for tips. We have a wide array of dogs from those with tails to those without, but mostly pointers, setters and Brittanys. We even have a Chihuahua!

Our birds come from mostly local suppliers and we work hard to get good flying birds. Most of our clients report the birds fly as good as wild, that me be over-exaggerating a little, but the birds we get are good flyers and they taste good. Speaking of food we almost always have something cooking in the clubhouse that is pay by donation.

We have done youth hunts for the Wild Turkey Federation chapters, church groups, fathers and sons/son-in-laws, you name it. Big or small we don't care the size of the groups just come and have a good time. We prefer that you arrange at minimum a few hours ahaed of time but walk in traffic is welcome, we will always try and find a place for a few hunters.

To get to us:
    We are loacted in Union County, IL where the Big Muddy and Mississippi rivers join. If coming from the south (Cape Girardeau, Ware, Wolf Lake) go north on IL Route 3 to Muddy Levee Road and turn west, go 2 miles and we are on the left. If coming from the north (Chester, Murphysboro, Grand Tower) go south on Route 3 approx. 5 miles south of Grand Tower, IL (cross the bridge over the Big Muddy River) and turn west onto Big Muddy Levee Road, we are 2 miles on the left.

Prices are yet to be determined from our suppliers but I will post prices as soon as they are available.

I hope to see some of you guys here this fall!

Last edited by Bob; 09-05-2007 at 19:28. Reason: Adding directions
    Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms belong on a grocery list, not a government agenda!

Thumbs up

been by here several times even drove back there ..Looks like a great time. I though it was a private club..Looks cool and layed back ..I like it!!

Sacred White Buffalo Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Birdhunter1's Avatar
    Cool and laid back is how we like it, come on down, you are more than welcome.
    Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms belong on a grocery list, not a government agenda!

Addict Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting carpsniper's Avatar
    Bird, Do you do achery hunts?
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to end...but learning to Bowfish in the rain." Uncle Dave Randolph

Proud member of the Redneck Yacht Club

If you want to arhcery hunt for upland birds then yes we do, we would like to know in advance so we can get pictures of it. Also I know you'd probably be using a flu flu arrow but we would rather do it on a day that is not likely to be busy in case the arrow runs astray, either way we can set up in an area that is more open and remote than others.

Top Poster Charter Member gretchensteele's Avatar
    pictures..did he say pictures...LOL

“If meetings could kill invasive species, they’d all be dead by now!”
    – unknown government biologist

Steele Photo Services

Walkin With the Wild Woman

Pink Whistle Society

Addict Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting carpsniper's Avatar
    Yep Flu-flu's fer sure. What points would you reccomend? Judos or Snaros?
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to end...but learning to Bowfish in the rain." Uncle Dave Randolph

Proud member of the Redneck Yacht Club

TOP POSTER / Veteran SILO Member BAM's Avatar
    I luv that snow shot pic.....with that sunset....that's a nice one!

There are two things to aim at in life; first to get what you want, and after that to enjoy it. Only the wisest achieve the second~~

Quote Originally Posted by carpsniper View Post
    Yep Flu-flu's fer sure. What points would you reccomend? Judos or Snaros?
    You are the one that's wants to do it, you tell me what you'd recommend. JUST DON'T SHOOT THE DOG!

NOOB Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

hi,

If you want to arhcery hunt for upland birds then yes we do, we would like to know in advance so we can get pictures of it. Also I know you'd probably be using a flu flu arrow but we would rather do it on a day that is not likely to be busy in case the arrow runs astray, either way we can set up in an area that is more open and remote than others.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast