Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: arrowhead hunting

arrowhead hunting

Can anyone point me to an area on where I could find some arrowheads. I am new and do not know where to begin. Any information would be very helpful. Thank you.

I am in the process of cataloging and selling 20-25 years worth of arrowheads and other Native American relics. All found here in Southern Illinois. I am new to this and any assistance would help. ...

Not trying to be smart but how can you be new at it and be cataloging 20-25 years worth of arrowheads and other relic's ?
    Fit for an autopsy

Top Poster Charter Member gretchensteele's Avatar
    What general area are you located.. that might help us point you to some areas near you to start

“If meetings could kill invasive species, they’d all be dead by now!”
    – unknown government biologist

Steele Photo Services

Walkin With the Wild Woman

Pink Whistle Society

Sacred White Buffalo Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket RoninSI's Avatar
    Quote:
    I am in the process of cataloging and selling 20-25 years worth of arrowheads and other Native American relics. All found here in Southern Illinois. I am new to this and any assistance would help. Please advise of any buyers/collectors that may further my endevers.

Not trying to be smart but how can you be new at it and be cataloging 20-25 years worth of arrowheads and other relic's ?

Just what I was wondering... 3 posts, 2 with contradictions to the first, almost sounds fishy

Now fellas - sounds more like a summer student project that has sparked an interest or perhaps a recent inheritance that may have sparked an interest... let's not be too quick....

Steele Photo Services

Pink Whistle Society

Sacred White Buffalo Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket RoninSI's Avatar
    I bet it's poaching....

yep gotta be poaching.....

J/K J/K J/K

ROFLMAO @ Ron... you are too funny this am

Steele Photo Services

Pink Whistle Society

Quote Originally Posted by gretchensteele View Post
    Now fellas - sounds more like a summer student project that has sparked an interest or perhaps a recent inheritance that may have sparked an interest... let's not be too quick....
    I wasn't trying to be quick just asking a question you very well could be right, SILO mom or a G.

I bet it's poaching....

yep gotta be poaching.....
    Wouldn't it be more grave robbing then poaching ?

J/K x2
    Fit for an autopsy

Addict Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    I don't know any specific spots, but, generally, fields along rivers/creeks or creek banks where they may have hunted / camped is a good bet. Now, the main thing is being aware that most of the places you would go are probably private property. So, you need to find a location that looks promising, then, find out who owns it and get permission. If you're new to the area, that's probably your biggest obstacle.
    My photos on flickr
    My neglected blog

Camera gear: Canon 7D, Canon EF-S 10-22, Tamron EF 28-75 F/2.8, Canon EF 70-200L F/4, Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro, Lensbaby Composer + flashes and misc bits/pieces.

Sorry for the confusion. I am doing the paperwork (take pictures and listing them as what I am advised). Since I started helping him, it has struck an interest in me. He has had me practice in a pile of rocks until I found 3 cups full of different color flints. I thought that there was only one color of flint. Boy was I wrong. I was wanting to know some areas by suprising him with my findings and give to him as a present. That's all. Everybody thanks for the comments.[

QUOTE=flatlander;95539]Not trying to be smart but how can you be new at it and be cataloging 20-25 years worth of arrowheads and other relic's ?[/QUOTE]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast